27. mai 2006

Det måtte vel komme... Unavoidable...

I have just made an update to the PAW project... and I am not happy about it. After giving (in Norwegian) a sarcastic and indignated comment about a community in the south east of Norway, who demanded the leader for the constitution day comitee to wear a Norwegian folk-costume on the celebration day, despite she is originated in another country and wanted to wear her Sari as a token of gratitude and respect to the cconstitution day, I have posted PAW from the parade which is a tradition in the celebration. I am sorry... but I have given in for my national sentimentality :) Shown in the picture is a detail of the broderies on the skirt of the traditional female costume from Sunnmøre. Every district or county have their own pattern and colors, founded in tradition and ancient clothing from each area. If you want more information try a google on "Bunad", "Folkedrakter i Norge" or "Husfliden". I am NOT going to link there for you. I am not all interested nor in the handicraft of making them or wearing them... They don`t really suit me :) So this posting was just ment as an justifying of my actions on the PAW blog.

Ingen kommentarer: